Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Despite how vitriolic I can be on occasion, I have this annoying habit of being sympathetic to people when they're actually down and out. It's especially annoying because the effect is that other people think I utterly despise the subject of my vitriol, when the truth is that I don't care so much once it's out of my system. Whether it's Antonella Barba or Hilary Duff, I just stop caring once I'm done ranting.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I'm listening to Britney Spears' first album again for the first time in years. It was a birthday present way back in 1999 and was never my favourite album even then, guilty pleasure or otherwise (some of the lyrics would have been considered cringeworthy by any teenager). It has its moments, though...

...but no, I'm still not a Britney fan.

No comments: